Why become a member? ×

Ask for the input on my bass to be fixed ...

alexisonfire

£45 - This was to fix the broken strap pin (they put a dowel in and re screwed which I think is pretty acceptable??), to restring with strings I provided, oil the fret board and repair the iiiiii-output.

The bass body is in a pretty bad state as I tried to relic it stupidly years ago. Though this shouldn't have resulted in the above. I'm having it refinished next month so I'll get onto the bass doc for a nice new one to go with the shiny new paint job!

I'll give you a clue as to the culprit ... I got a pretty 'Unfair Deal' in Birmingham.

Edited by alexisonfire

I also do repairs in a music shop, looking at what was done (extra screws aside) we'd charge £15 to replace the jack. The strap pin is a quick job so £5-10 depending on the exact circumstances. We charge £8 to fit a set of bass strings. So a total of £33.
Personally I would have advised you to get a new scratch plate as part of the repair but I'd never modify a customer's instrument without their permission.