Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender MIM Cabronita P-Bass
£350

andydye

[s]For Sale, my Cabronita P Bass, bought recently as an experiment in whether I want to go back to a p bass and the answer is yes but I'm gunning for a USA p bass I've just seen in a local shop :gas: gas strikes again!!

In excellent condition, just one tiny indentation on the back of the bass, the neck is lovely to play and the fidelitron pickup gives a pbass like sound but with a tad more humbucker honk to it...v cool, it also looks freakin' awesome!!

It's black, with a white pickguard and a maple neck, not a sticky maple neck, a nice non-sticky maple neck, really good to play but my heart lies with a USA p that I met in a guitar shop last week...

Pics are currently 'borrowed' from the previous owner, I'll do my own asap...

[attachment=151831:01_all.jpg]

[attachment=151832:02_body.jpg]

[attachment=151833:03_all_flat.jpg]

Stock pic to give the actual colours:

[attachment=151834:86ceb3c861ac3d7b0737b2ccde488ca3.png]

£350 inc uk shipping, local collection for £325 :) (I'm going shopping for that p-bass on Saturday so if anyone wants this before then it'll help the credit card strain ;) )

Any pricing queries by pm please folks ;) [/s]

Edited by andydye

[quote name='littlethoughts' timestamp='1389183188' post='2330941']
hi Andydye, does this come with any kind of case?
[/quote]

yes matey, it's got a padded fender'like gig bag, no name on it but the padding is pretty good, I've got plenty of bubble wrap and a good box for it too so shipping would be no problem (within the uk).

cheers

A

Hi Andy - I can't figure out what these sound like exactly - can you shed some light?

The two main demos on Youtube both seem to have quite an overdriven sound - is that how the bass sounds when you dig in then? Or is the guy using some distortion.

Love the look - just can't figure out how they sound! I play a regular P bass now so kinda thought it would be roughly the same ballpark.

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1389221937' post='2331691']
Hi Andy - I can't figure out what these sound like exactly - can you shed some light?
The two main demos on Youtube both seem to have quite an overdriven sound - is that how the bass sounds when you dig in then? Or is the guy using some distortion.
Love the look - just can't figure out how they sound! I play a regular P bass now so kinda thought it would be roughly the same ballpark.
[/quote]

Hiya matey, the sound is very similar to a p mostly due to the pup location I think but is slightly more humbucker-y in it's mid range without the humbucker output, I've got a recording of a band practice last week where I was playing it through a LMIII head and my EAD FN212 cab with no fx, I'll try to put it on soundcloud and provide a link, the intro to the song we were writing is the bass played with a pick and gives the sort of sound I'm talking about, the other songs from that week were fingerstyle and sounded very p like indeed.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1389225647' post='2331741']
Fabulous Andy, if my Yam Att Spec goes and this is still up I'll happily have a jaunt over Snake or Woodhead :lol:
[/quote]

coolio matey, littlethoughts has first dibs but I'll let you know if he decides against ;)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1389259377' post='2331918']
But the million dollar question is "is it any good for metal" lol GLWTS mate
[/quote]

:D cheers matey

the pup has a metal cover so of course it's good for metal :/ it's a black bass too ;)