Why become a member? ×

Nobbly Ned Callan

Not my cup of tea, but I know some on here lust after these:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ned-callan-gigsaw-bass-guitar-early-70s-rare-/321286767730"]http://www.ebay.co.u...e-/321286767730[/url]

I believe there was a connection between Ned Callan and Shergold, as well as amp manufacturer Simms-Watts.

[quote name='hoiho' timestamp='1389090945' post='2329681']
Interesting: I can't think of any other bodies Shegold did that had rear routing, until very near the end of the company.
Really ugly, though.
[/quote]
Ned Callan is an important brand in the history of British Rock. They were the creation of custom guitar builder Peter Cook and made to his specification by Shergold. They were endorsed by John Entwistle of The Who and distibuted by Simms-Watts. Later they were distributed by Rose Morris and branded as Shaftesbury Ned Callan. These Knobbly Neds and Cody range guitars and basses were around a lot in the 70s. Anyone who knows the history of British Rock in the 70s will be familiar with these.

Edited by BetaFunk

I've already been in touch with the seller - he's on this forum and also active on the Shergold site. These Ned's are good British instruments for the right price. There's a thread relating to this bass elsewhere on the forum.