Why become a member? ×

Akai Headrush2

lmbalcao

[quote name='lmbalcao' post='230250' date='Jul 1 2008, 02:21 AM']Does any one use this pedal?[/quote]
I've got the Headrush 1.

[quote]The delay is good?[/quote]
Yes, very. You can choose between normal delay and 'tape echo' too, very flexible.

[quote]Can the delay and the looper be used at the same time?[/quote]
If the 2 is anything like the 1, no.

Rich is correct on all counts. No delay while looping, which is a bit of a shame, but at the end of the day it's got 3 independant modes, and in keeping with the size, only 2 footswitches, so turning on delay while looping wouldnt be possible.

I've got one too, the looping is more of a gimmick on that pedal though, very limited. The part I like about the looping is that because its stereo you can run 2 instruments through it and send each to their own individual amps so its pretty decent for just messing around with, I just wouldn't use it for live looping.

As far as delays go though I've never played another pedal that even comes close to that one.

Edited by Oscar South

The Headrush is basically a looper pedal with delay tacked on, the MMw/H is a delay pedal with looping tacked on. I've only used the Headrush once but its just much better suited to looping live than the MM, stuff like being able to change modes with your feet whereas with the MM you have to get on your knees and play with settings, and being able to remove all overdubs and return to you're original loop by hitting a footswitch, it also has a lot of support from experienced loop artists such as Steve Lawson and KT Tunstall too.

Edited by Oscar South

Be warned though, while the delay on the Headrush is ok, its quite basic. It's got the standards like tap tempo, repeats (and a nice high frequency damp for faux-analog sounds) it's just a bare bones delay with not many features. Absolutely shines as a Looper though. Most easy and intuitive pedal I've used. Awesome for quick on the fly stuff.