Why become a member? ×

Cheap Whammy alternative.

lefrash

I currently use the whammy on my zoom b9 for about 3 seconds in our current set. Its one of the main reasons I dont move onto seperates, but im finding more and more that I use the zoom as a base rather than actual effects. ie I use the FX loop built in to it to get my synth/dist/fuzz needs.

Although i use alot of other things in the b9, its pretty big and heavy, and realistically i could get smaller set up for pretty cheap.... outwith the whammy.

~Any thoughts what could be used? even if its just a small multiFX thing?

If you've found so little use for a pitch shifter then just phase it out entirely and do whatever pitch change you need to do manually, save yourself the maximum amount of cash.

I keep one handy because I have a gig where ruining the pitch of my bass is a fairly regular theme, and most of my effects are built around ruining the pitch of my bass.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1388193529' post='2319446']
If you've found so little use for a pitch shifter then just phase it out entirely and do whatever pitch change you need to do manually, save yourself the maximum amount of cash.

I keep one handy because I have a gig where ruining the pitch of my bass is a fairly regular theme, and most of my effects are built around ruining the pitch of my bass.
[/quote]

I know what you mean, I may have over exaggerated it there, the section is about 20 seconds long, and its very cool. haha. Its me trying to sound like a police siren then going straight into a right beefy fuzzy riff, so I dont really want to get rid of it. I quite enjoy from time to time hitting the pedal abit randomly too, makes a cool noise.

That EH Slammi thing is a new one on me! Never seen it before in my life! Will need to go check that out!