Why become a member? ×

Musicman US SUB - Closest Teal touch up paint

Deedee

Hi all

Just bought a US Musicman SUB in teal which plays and sounds great.

However, my fingers have been slightly burnt as it was off flea bay and there is a chip on it that was not shown or described in the original ad. I wouldn't ordinarily purchase without viewing but this was many, many miles away and the only Teal SUB on offer. I certainly won't make that mistake again 😡

It's a long shot but does anybody know of a touch up paint or pen that comes reasonably close to this Teal colour?

Many thanks

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1388075218' post='2318317']
Hi D,

I'd be inclined to let the wax colour the chip and pop a bit of clearcoat or clear nail varnish over the top when you get the chance.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'll certainly do that. I've got some clear coat so I'll give a go tomorrow

Many thanks

The 2 touch up colours I bought were sort of either side of the Teal I was after, so I've mixed the 2 together and it's pretty close. Still a pain to do though!!!! Yet another couple of coats to put on then rub down............

If you take the bass to a 'proper' car body shop they will have countless paint chips (colored strips) by color and you may get lucky..chances are that it will be a us automotive color...also some body shops have a paint scanner which scans the color to give a paint recipe they can then knock up.