Why become a member? ×

Gig swap - an idea

EliasMooseblaster

(And not an especially novel idea, but I thought I'd give it a shot!)

Now that my band (Cherry White) has appointed a new singer, we're very keen to make the best of 2014, and part of that will include trying to perform in every little nook and cranny of the country that will host us for a gig. Of course, not knowing all these places ourselves, we've found that a little local knowledge can go a long way, especially in terms of liaising with decent venues, and promoting the gig to the local populace.

Of course, one of the great things about this forum is being able to talk to musicians from all over the UK (and beyond). So, I suggest a simple trade: if your band is happy to invite us to come and open for them at a gig in your hometown, we'd be happy to return the favour down in London. Any takers?

(To avoid any unpleasant incidents with clashing genres, you can check what we sound like at https://cherrywhite.bandcamp.com/album/129 )

We did this quite intensively a few years back - got us to various places around the UK and eventually as far afield as Prague. Unfortunately the live scene up here in Edinburgh was pretty awful at the time so the gigs we were able to offer other bands were pretty hit-or-miss.

Unfortunately we'll be drummer-less from January (little sod's emigrating!) otherwise we'd be up for talking about it.

Jon.