Why become a member? ×

New recordings up... let me know what you think

mtroun

https://soundcloud.com/marktrounson

I had a slot at my wife's choir concert on Saturday with two friends playing tenor saxophone and guitar, I'm pretty pleased with the results (bar a few speeding up moments). These are the six newest tracks on my soundcloud, starting with Stompin' at the Savoy and ending with Over the Rainbow. The weakest ones are definitely Stompin' (my only solo) and Pennies from Heaven. It was recorded at a church in Leicester and apart from the guitar (through my bass amp) there was no amplification used and it was recorded straight onto a Zoom H2. The natural reverb really worked in this context, I think.

I'd appreciate your thoughts, hope you enjoy!

I've got to give credit to the church. It's a modern-ish parish church ( a sort of brickwork replica of your average medieval parish church) and I think it provided just the right 'convolution reverb'.

The sax player is the owner of the Zoom, he set it up about six feet in front of us, just in front of the pews. He's a scary talent at just 18 years old (he's a first year at RAM) so I thought I'd ask him to do the gig while I still can!