Why become a member? ×

NBD: 77/78 Fender Precision

Jonesy64

Picked this up yesterday from my local music shop.

It was originally purchased in 1979 from Sound Pad in Leicester although the serial number dates it to 1977/78.

I have been playing a Jazz and was actually looking out for another as a back up for when I start gigging in the new year....but I picked this up in the shop and was so impressed that I couldn't resist.
It's sounds fantastic, bassy, great sustain and has a kind of growly resonance to it that I was instantly hooked on.
My Tokai Hardpuncher couldn't match it and is now on the peg in the shop where this came from.

On the one hand it is a totally ridiculous purchase as it has screwed up my plans for buying a back up and thrown my music fund into chaos...and my girlfriend thinks I'm a twat for buying it....but I duckin love it :-)

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1386857433' post='2305435']
Lovely!
The usual late 70s fender questions - what's the weight and what's the neck pocket fit like?

I love the sticker on the headstock.
[/quote]

The sticker was the clincher ha ha!....me and my school mate used to get the train to Leicester from Hinckley most Saturday afternoons and would always spend ages in Sound Pad...that was around the same kind of time period when this got bought :-)

A quick on and off the bathroom scales with it weighs it in at 10lbs...
Without taking it apart, the neck and body look to be a nice and tight fit. To be honest, I wouldn't know what common p-bass signs to look out for so happy to take some close ups if you like.

Thanks for the posts, I'm glad you are all liking it :-)