Why become a member? ×

Post your Transcription's

Bill

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
Hi guys!

I've recently got heavily into transcribing several bass solo's by ear and have seen many benefit's from it, as well as my ear's getting bigger (so to speak) my playing and hand's have been much more fluid, not to mention my own playing seem's fresher and have had more idea's and phrases under my fingertips!

So i wanted to start this thread for people to talk about their transcribing process, what programs they use to do it, and a chance to post video's of their hard work and progress with it!

I'll start with my first full transcription:

an old Hadrien Feraud solo -

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwD_2IynJM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwD_2IynJM[/url][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I recently downloaded transcribe, it's very good and you can get it free for a month.

Here's some Matt Garrison that I did a while ago.

I have more but they're not done in Sibelius, they're just sketched out randomly on manuscript paper.

Edited by ambient

Very interesting topic, and by the way very nice technique man, you seem actually very relaxed and move very quickly across the board.

I normally do not slow down, this was suggested by my teacher: he said that transcribing very fast phrases without slowing down can be a really tough, but it should finally help you to hear the sense of what is played even if not all the notes are easily distinguishable.

I use finale to put it on the pentagram, I'd be happy to post what I have, gimme a couple of days!

ciao
Luca