Why become a member? ×

Gibson SG Bass

rogerstodge

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1386186753' post='2296958']
Hi all,
Anyone tried the Gibson Sg bass? I love the look of them, i would prefer to try one before buying but the nearest stockist is bloody miles from me (Andertons Guildford).. So don't fancy the long drive without knowing what they're like.
Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Where are you based?

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1386203082' post='2297293']

You've got two on the wall - lovely things... Though why they persisted with the short scale has always irked me. The classics, I guess :)
[/quote]

Yeah, we have two and they are lovely but I agree about the short scale thing. The great thing about the Internet is that with distance selling laws you have 14 days to return an item with no questions asked.

That gives you (the buyer) the confidence to buy knowing that you either love it and keep it, or send it back with no hassle, so being sat away from a shop to pop in and try one becomes less of an issue! Good luck though :)

[quote name='DorsetBlue' timestamp='1386238133' post='2297470']
Wouldn't GAK be closer than Andertons? They seem to indicate they have some in stock, although might be worth ringing them in advance just in case they have to bring them over from the warehouse.
[/quote]Brightons a bit of a trot, i think i'll order one anyway, can always send it back as someone suggested on here

I played a few EB0's, and SG Std. basses in 45 years. I gave up on them. The Neck Dive of Death on them was too much. For my playing stance, the location of the front strap button caused the upper E side of the bass to pitch forward away from my body, changing the angle of my wrist, and hand on the fretboard. Not very comfortable to play that way. Short scale Fender Mustang basses are more my choice anymore.