Why become a member? ×

New ARGONAUT EP

Basszilla

Hi all,

I've uploaded my band's new EP 'Argonauts' to our bandcamp page, as well as our debut album from 2009.

We're a metal/hardcore band from South Wales.

I used my spector euro lx bass throughout on the new ep.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Much love

Tim x

www.argonautmetal.bandcamp.com

Edited by Basszilla

I can't pretend it's fully my bag but it's very very good, I like the production, excellent musicianship. It reminds me of Mastodon in a number of ways.

May I ask what you think distinguishes you from other similar bands in such a saturated market? If that's important to you that is.

xilddx

Thanks for listening and taking time out to comment! Only just saw that you'd replied :)

I'd say what distinguishes us the most are our daft Welsh accents ;)

No, on a serious note.... Good question though!

I'd say what distinguishes us the most, is that the core members of the band have been playing music together for a long time, almost 15 years. Our music is definitely our personal antithesis to a lot of things going on in our lives and heads..So what you're hearing is an accurate portrayal of us through the medium of music.
We've always existed outside of any direct 'scenes' and as such find ourselves struggling to get gigs or even fit in. We generally end up playing gigs with totally mismatched bands, but still enjoy playing live regardless. At least we're doing things our way is what I keep telling myself. I quite enjoy it that way as well.

Doesn't really answer your question that well though does it lol :)

ATB

Tim

• 1 month later...

I really like it and it's a great follow up to the previous album. I remember the guys (Tim, Steve and the drummer, sorry can't remember his name) in Indifference years before Argonaut and I think what differentiates them from a lot of bands in this genre (I really don't like using that word) is that they are genuinely passionate about the music they make and care about what it sounds like and that it represents them and not that they are in a band cos it's cool. They don't rush at it and take the time to get it sounding really good, or at least that's the impression I get from listening. I have Frustnation and Bridges of Blood (from the first album) on a playlist I use for when I'm driving back from gigs late at night. If you get the chance to see Argonaut live, go. I haven't seen the guys play for a few years but I ought to make the effort soon enough. Corking stuff, Tim. Well crafted.

[my longest post for years] :-)

Edited by Sean

I like what you've done with it, sounds very natural to me. You can almost hear your patience in it, I know from recordings I've been involved with that if you rush stuff and don't pay attention to detail you can hear it later and it leaves you wishing you'd done it right - that might be BS but it makes sense to me.

All's good cheers. I think I'm slowly evolving into you as far as rigs go; I was at Matamp on Saturday and can definitely feel a GT200 in my future; I still love this 400+, though. I am hankering after a big big cab too. There's something magical about meeting the guys who build the stuff and spending time with them and the supporting British craftsmen thing is pretty special when the gear is so good. Jeff is a gem.

Edited by Sean

Thanks Sean :)

Having owned a 400+ in the past, I can understand your love for yours. They are great great amps.

You'll be happy with Matamp. Jeff's a beaut! Plus it's so nice to be able to meet and speak with the guys that build them I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my gt200. Cash permitting I think I'd commission a matamp combo, 100w.

Need to make the pilgramage oop norf again soon, Steve needs his gt120 revalved.

I had the gt200mk1 and i thought it was the greatest amp in the world. I sold it without hearing the new Matamp GT 200 Mk2 but i trusted that if they said it was upgraded so it must be better. I did have problems with the kt120 tubes as they were a faulty batch but after that i got gold lion kt88's and i must say the amp is the best around. it has everything. The best part was the customer service from the factory. Sell your Mesa and deal with the best. You will get a custom amp just for you and selling a Mesa 400 would put you well on your way.

• 2 weeks later...