Why become a member? ×

Ashdown servicing

FinnDave

Can anybody recommend somewhere to get my Ashdown ABM 500 evo II head serviced? It fades during a gig, not just audibly but the levels on the input meter drop and I have to increase the input volume to keep it going.

Ideally would like somewhere close enough to take the amp in person as I don't really want to trust it to the gentle hands of a courier company. I live in West Oxfordshire.

Cheers,
FinnDave

Cheers, they certainly beat all records in replying to me, most impressed. I am a bit of an Ashdown junkie myself, when I lived in Finland I had a MAG 300 and matching 410 plus a perfect ten for quiet work, sold those and moved back here and bought an EB180-12 and the ABM 500 plus 410 (though the 410 has been sold and replaced by a Barefaced Super Twin now). I'm also 'looking after' another MAG 300 head that our guitarist found in a skip, he changed the fuses and it worked just fine, it's what I'll use when the ABM goes in for service. I love the sound I get from all of them.