Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Duality. Sound clips!!

fretmeister

• 2 weeks later...

Lol. Sorry if my playing gets on a few peoples nerves. :P

Seriously though, all criticism is taken to heart and I will definitely slow things down. Yes, my incessant doodling can get carried away but like BigBassBob said - it really comes down to style and personal taste. :)
One of the reasons I DO tend to play fast is for exactly the reasons you guys stated above - I try to throw anything I can at them (especially dirt pedals) to see if they can stay articulate without turning to mush.

Edited by I am not excane

I'm glad I didn't cause offence, Excane, was just giving my opinion. I'd rather have your demos and the like instead of none :) I think it's great that loads of people can produce varying videos and samples of the same piece of kit with different results and the more of them there are the better it is for potential buyers.

I just got a You're Doom and I'm in love! I know I said before that I felt there were too many notes going on in your video but in person the low end punch actually lets you play some quite busy lines with the same kind of punch as playing clean.

I'll be doing a video or some covers with it in the New Year :)

• 1 month later...

Iv been a click away a couple of times, but I think I would just be buying it because it's a Darkglass. The sound samples just don't tempt me. The You're Doom is a different matter, that looks right up my street. But I would like to give the vintage deluxe a go...

• 3 months later...

I finally gave in and got a Duality.

I like it. Ye gods I like it!

My B3K might even get retired to the storage trunk.

The Duality is thick and sludgy and cutting and synthy and wonderful!

It seems perfectly at home with active and passive basses, but it doesn't seem to like ancient flatwounds very much! That's ok though as I only use flats with my orchestra gig, and I can't see them letting me use anything other than a bit of compression.

Super fast delivery from Bass Direct as usual.