Why become a member? ×

Skeleton BASS suit

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='23725' date='Jun 26 2007, 08:41 PM']I know The Guy from the flaming lips wears one,and flea, and john entwistle?

anybody else?

lol[/quote]

I remember seeing Dave Aldana wearing these c.1975 - I guess he predates all so far.

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='23754' date='Jun 26 2007, 09:21 PM']I remember seeing Dave Aldana wearing these c.1975 - I guess he predates all so far.

Hamster[/quote]

Entwhistle was wearing it at the Isle of Wight in 1970 (I wasn't there but my mother-in-law was so i bought her the DVD for xmas!)

[quote name='Lenny B' post='23768' date='Jun 26 2007, 09:50 PM']Entwhistle was wearing it at the Isle of Wight in 1970 (I wasn't there but my mother-in-law was so i bought her the DVD for xmas!)[/quote]

What a lovely son-in-law!

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='23742' date='Jun 26 2007, 08:58 PM']who else you think flea imitates? im not tryin to argue lol i want to know :)[/quote]

Larry Graham mainly I would say. Mind you I'm a big fan of both :huh:

I tried to get a skeleton suit for a fancy dress gig but its hard to find one in a size that fits someone older than 9..

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='25307' date='Jun 30 2007, 03:09 PM']Lol, ok it is a bassist thing then. not just someones thing that everbody ripped off. well its ok to rip it off if its a fellow bass player and many have before maybe :)[/quote]

I think it's now more of a bass player's heritage and tradition than it being a rip-off! It's a nod of the cap to those who went before!