Why become a member? ×

Stupidly low bids

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1387124851' post='2308421']
It's the same on here though. I recently advertised a couple of basses for trade, you wouldn't believe the low priced basses I was offered, despite my requirements being quite specifically stated in the adverts.
[/quote]

I think the impersonal nature, and the bidding format of ebay makes it more acceptable to put on these low bids. It's part of the game in a way.

I wouldn't feel right making an absolutely silly offer via the 'best offer' feature of ebay. And there's no way that I would make a silly offer to a basschatter. There's a bass for sale on here right now where the price that would be so low that I'd just have to pull the trigger even though it's not quite what I want is only £20 less than the asking price (it's an inexpensive bass). But, I just can't make a lower offer than what I already consider a low price.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1387114835' post='2308281']
I mentioned this Ovation USA made acoustic further up this thread.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ovation-B768-Elite-Acoustic-Bass-Guitar-Black-Including-Hard-Case-/271341979667?ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:GB:3160"]http://www.ebay.co.u...EOIBUAA:GB:3160[/url]

Isn't £392 an utter bargain for this? When I looked into other sales, they were over a grand.
[/quote]
Yes but again it's collection only. This greatly reduces the amount of punters who would be interested in it.

• 2 weeks later...