Why become a member? ×

Best octave-up pedal?

1976fenderhead

I used to use the Akai Unibass, it does octave up with two outputs, one for dry and one for wet, or you can mix them out of one output, you can also add a fifth etc and distortion for faux power chords on the octave up, it tracked quite well but got a little confused up the dusty end.
With the dry into my bass rig and the wet into a guitar amp it was awesome for massive Sabbath-esque riffs.

Behringer US600 does a fine octave up (amongst loads of other features). Tracks very well (in all modes in my experience); as with seemingly all Behringers it sound practically identical to the pedal its cloned from (Boss PS-5). Digital sounding (especially 100% wet), but works great with distortion in front of it. IMO they're nowhere near as flaky build quality wise as they're made out to be, and can be had for about £30. Or just get a guitar, play everything up one octave...

[quote name='Nessy' timestamp='1384476124' post='2277283']
Behringer US600 does a fine octave up (amongst loads of other features). Tracks very well (in all modes in my experience); as with seemingly all Behringers it sound practically identical to the pedal its cloned from (Boss PS-5). Digital sounding (especially 100% wet), but works great with distortion in front of it. IMO they're nowhere near as flaky build quality wise as they're made out to be, and can be had for about £30. Or just get a guitar, play everything up one octave...
[/quote]

Thanks, considering one of these right now, read good things about its tracking...