Why become a member? ×

Spreadeagled Spector NS5XL USA

JohnnyLightyear

Ah, my baby- It plays like an absolute dream and the tone is incredibly rich yet versatile. Please take a look and tell me what you think!

[attachment=9974:IMG_0948.JPG]

[attachment=9974:IMG_0948.JPG]

[attachment=9976:IMG_0955.JPG]

[attachment=9977:IMG_0957.JPG]

[attachment=9978:IMG_0961.JPG]

[attachment=9979:IMG_0966.JPG]

Thanks chaps, she's a beaut alright. The tone is immense- really full bottom end for the low B but without loosing the bite and texture and then for mid range lines with the occasional octave thrown in it sounds really punchy, yet glowing. Wow, what a descriptive turn- I should get into wine tasting!

I'll try and sort some photos of my other bass, an Ibanez EDA905. Its not to everyone's taste but I like it- its very versatile because of the piezo bridge pickups as well as having a big fat mag.

Cheers,

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='D-COOPER' post='232271' date='Jul 3 2008, 08:29 PM']Spector was always my dream instrument but i ended up with a Jerzy Drozd which i love.I always thought Spector did the best gloss finish but i see u went for the oil finish.Any particular reason?Lovely bass.[/quote]

Thanks, just indulging a preference really, I think the oil is a bit more subtle than the gloss, thats all. To be honest I think spector could give their guitars a pebbledash finish and still ship a fair few such is the tone. Mind you, Jerzy Drozd make some incredible guitars too you lucky boy! Any pictures up?