Why become a member? ×

Anyone use 'DRY OUT' on pedals?

lefrash

It seems quite alot of pedals out there that have an effect out and a dry out. I have two, my digitech bass synth wah, and my OC-3. Now I see the benefits of seperating out the 'dry out' from the 'effected signal', but unless I had a seperate out to the PA, or some sort of mixer at the end of the chain going into an amp, I'm struggling to think of a practical way of using these alternative outputs?

Any ideas? How do you use yours? Do you use yours?? in my smallish pedal board, I could potentially have 4 outputs running to the board! ie stereo DI from my multi FX, octave from the OC-3, and the synth from the synth wah!

Just to note too, I know that we dont NEED to use all connections, but alot of pedals seem to offer the two outputs so perhaps im missing out on something!

I guess these are useful if you are running two rigs, or send a completely dry feed to the PA. I've personally used a blender pedal to get clean and distorted sounds for many years, but have recently discovered that I prefer the whole signal distorted!

So no, I don't use them...

But some do use them quite creatively, even on cheaper pedals - do a search for 'Uniboss'...

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1383838446' post='2269837']
I guess these are useful if you are running two rigs, or send a completely dry feed to the PA. I've personally used a blender pedal to get clean and distorted sounds for many years, but have recently discovered that I prefer the whole signal distorted!

So no, I don't use them...

But some do use them quite creatively, even on cheaper pedals - do a search for 'Uniboss'...
[/quote]

interesting...
use my B3 to high pass the signal before going into the overdriven rig. Might try it out with a chorus running too...

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started using the Billy Sheehan bass drive by EBS. it has a clean loop and a dirty loop.
Essentially giving you 3 outputs to blend.
saves the hassle of lugging 2 amps around.
I only use the dry out on my Big Muff for recording purposes. The new big muff has better blend function as well as a high and low cut. Would be the perfect pedal if the put a expession input to control like a wah.