Why become a member? ×

Bass Setup's In Newcastle Upon Tyne?

spacecowboy

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of the NE bass chatters had any recommendations for bass setups in the local area? I have a 4 string Fender Jazz that needs a bit of TLC a few buzzing frets especially after the 15th fret and i think the neck could do with a quick tweak, new strings, low action etc. Any good news stories? I know theres the guy in town down Highbridge Street in that alley off the Big Market with the boutique guitar shop?

Also if you're local and able to set a bass up well, i'll trust your ability if you want a project to undertake?

Cheers,

Howard is the man for this, the guy in them little shop you describe is Brian, an excellent guitar tech but often quite busy with setups, I've bought a fair few guitars and a bass or two from him over the years and he's always been top notch (he's even made me the occasional cup of tea while I'm browsing) you might even find Howard in there on the occasional afternoon.

Matt

• 1 month later...

Sorry for leaving the replies so late on this topic, would just like to say if anyone reading this wants someone to do a stellar job on your bass at an honest price, Howard (bassdoc)'s your man, the jazz is singing now and an absolute joy to play again!

Thanks again.

[quote name='spacecowboy' timestamp='1385654866' post='2290755']
if anyone wants someone to do a stellar job on your bass at an honest price, Howard (bassdoc)'s your man, the jazz is singing now and an absolute joy to play again![/quote]

Sssshhhhh! Don't tell everyone, or he won't be able to do those rush jobs he is so appreciated for! (And I don't mean Geddy Lee J basses!). :D