Why become a member? ×

Good songs ruined

Deep Thought

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='225952' date='Jun 24 2008, 03:34 PM']Rush - Spirit of Radio, the middle bit about salesmen[/quote]

I think faux "reggae beats" were cool in the eighties, so everyone seemed to incorporate at the drop of a hat. "The Police" have a lot to answer for....

[quote name='joe_bass' post='226002' date='Jun 24 2008, 04:30 PM']:) I bet thats shocking.

While on covers of The Who how about Limp Bizkit's version of Behind Blue Eyes, complete with crap music video![/quote]

Joe..
Just been watching Limp's version on some site...
Love that vid... :huh:

Garry

"Hey Joe" by Cher

All those Patti Smith songs where she starts reading from the Unicef annual report.

Any cover where the singer decides to make up new lyrics, for example U2 "All Along the Watchtower", or most covers by Judas Priest, where they modify the tune as well.

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='225871' date='Jun 24 2008, 01:46 PM']I actually like that Mott The Hoople track,[/quote]

So do I, right up until that bloody awful middle 8. This was a song I'd really liked for years, (you know the kind of thing, you think you've heard it but you haven't really-I'd only heard only bits of it on the radio ever since I was a kid-I know what I mean anyway! :)). I was aghast when I finally heard the entire thing on TOTP2 a few years ago-I find it hard to believe that the band originally intended that bit to be there-I suspect record company involvement. I keep intending to do a bit of creative editing on Audacity or something so I can listen to it and actually enjoy it.

I really love the song - I remember being a bit obsessed with it when I was a kid, watching the vid over and over doing PT windmills all round the livingroom. I agree the fiddle/harmonica bit does spoil it a little but I don't skip onto the next track coz it has a bit of a stomp to it.... I just hope the neighbours don't hear it and think I crossed over to country. :)