Why become a member? ×

1974/5 Fender Jazz * SOLD *
£2200

Clarky

As there's been no real interest, I would potentially p/x for fretless Fender Jazz (in classic colour, eg, sunburst or OW) but would need to clear at least £1k my way (or fretless Fender Precision if it had a J width or 1.625" neck; rosewood or ebony board only, not maple)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Stag' timestamp='1390840073' post='2350142']
Extremely sexy instrument.
[/quote]
Why thank you. My wife said that when we first met (actually that's a lie)

[quote name='mr_russ' timestamp='1390831367' post='2349970']
This is exactly what I'm after.
I've been saving for a nice 70s jazz but still have a little way to go, if I get any bites on the Sandberg JM4 and Fender mim 50s precision I have for sale soon then I'll be in a position to take this off you.
[/quote]
In which case I wish you the best of luck with those sales :D

Nice bass, so as James was saying it's all original including the case, so is the case (with orange lining) included? reckon it's a 74 because most 75s have the trust rod showing past the nut. Between you and James can you clarify the pups,pots and finish are all original? .."....also has it got a nice straight neck? Cheers

The case has gone so it would come in a Protection Racket semi hard gig bag, as seen in the last photo on this thread. According to James (see p1 of this thread) it is all original although I have replaced the scratchplate (it comes with the original of course as well). From discussing with Fender aficionados, it was one of the last before they changed to 3 bolt necks nd the bullet truss rod. As for the neck, it plays very nicely with low (but not ultra low) action (c3mm at 12 th fret)

Edited by Clarky

My bass was weighed with digital luggage sales by the way, so it's very accurate

In the first half of the 70s Jazz basses were usually under 10 pounds, in my experience, whereas in the second half of the 70s they often run to several pounds more (usually 10-11 pounds and occasionally a shoulder wrenching 12+!)

If you check your PMs, womblelife, I have sent you the serial number

Edited by Clarky