Why become a member? ×

Anyone bought anything from Musicians Friend in US?

Twigman

I have

I placed an order last Monday and immediately got an email back stating:

[quote]
[size=3]Your MusiciansFriend.com order has been confirmed. Keep this email for your records. It contains your order number and should be referenced for any customer support.

When your order ships from Borderfree, our international fulfillment provider, we will send you another email containing a link to track your shipment online. If you do not receive an email confirming shipment within 5 days, please contact us at [url="http://mf.custhelp.com/app/ask/p/26."]http://mf.custhelp.com/app/ask/p/26.[/url]

Your payment method will be charged according to the items being shipped. A transaction from [b]BF*MUSICIANSFRIEND[/b] will appear on your billing statement, along with the city of the Borderfree billing exchange office for your region.

If you have any questions, please call us 7 days a week, from 4:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. PST (11 a.m. - 6 a.m. GMT) at +1-801-501-8110 or email us at [url="http://mf.custhelp.com/app/ask/p/26"]http://mf.custhelp.com/app/ask/p/26[/url] and we will gladly respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for choosing MusiciansFriend.com. [/quote][/size]

[size=4]That was last Monday 7th [/size]
[size=4]I've heard nothing so today i contacted them and this is what they said[/size]

[size=1][quote] [/size]
Thank you for your recent inquiry. Your order was shipped to the international processing center of our partner BorderFree, who will be sending the order to you. It left our facility on October 8. On average, it takes four to six business days to process at the international facility and will then be shipped directly to you via DHL Express. As soon as it ships from the international processing center, we will send you an email with the tracking information. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend. Have a great day![/quote]

[size=4]So now the 5 days becomes 6 business days......how tedious is this? I thought US customer service was supposed to be exemplary? This is frustrating and quite shocking to me.[/size]
[size=4]I expect emails when they say I will get emails[/size] [size=4]- am I being unreasonable?
Why would it take them so long anyway?[/size]

[size=4]Anyone any experience with Musician's Friend and will i ever get my order?[/size]

Edited by Twigman

Well it has arrived.

I am now the proud owner of a Gig Skinz DGMS small mixer/utility bag so I can carry my Shuttel 9.2 around in style and comfort.

Couldn't find any in UK - the DBMS yes but not the more nicely (IMHO) finished DGMS.

Paid a few quid over the odds 9 days end to end.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1381915501' post='2245253']
Did you pay the import duty up front? If not, an unpleasant surprise may await you; or if you did pay it, maybe an even more unpleasant surprise!
[/quote]
Yes
VAT and duty paid upfront.
No bill on delivery.

I have imported plenty of stuff from USA but never before paid the VAT and duty upfront like this. It works.

One thing I will say though is that Musicians Friend/Borderfree (the International shippers) could improve their communications significantly.

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1381915696' post='2245262']
One thing I will say though is that Musicians Friend/Borderfree (the International shippers) could improve their communications significantly.
[/quote]

Agree

I recieved my bass last thurday from MF and if i had spotted your original post I would have commented.

I was sent the identical message as yours and when nothing happened for five days, I emailed them asking what the deal was. they responded with a give it another five days and contact us again. the bass arrived three days later at which point they sent me a final email telling me that they had found out that my bass had been successfully delivered.

If there original email went along the lines of "your order has been successful and your goods are now with the courier, who you will hear nothing from for several days, so don't panic", that would be great.

I too paid the duty up front and all went smoothly on that front. a good system

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1381762097' post='2243284']
I have

I placed an order last Monday and immediately got an email back stating:

[/size]

[size=1][size=4]Anyone any experience with Musician's Friend and will i ever get my order?[/size]
[/quote]

Their service has been OK for me (I'm in the US) so I can't comment too reliably on your experience. But I will say that their service, and Sweetwater's (another big music retailer), is just fine ... until the wheels come off. Then, good luck getting a straight answer from any retailer here. To illustrate, I ordered something that was to be delivered by United Parcel Service, which in some cases turns its deliveries over to the US Postal Service. There was some sort of snafu, and the upshot was that I received no fewer than five totally confusing 'service update' emails from UPS, and my queries were met with further obfuscation. I still don't know the fate of the package.

As Scrooge remarked, 'I'll retire to Bedlam.'

W.