Why become a member? ×

Multi effects have moved on but......

Pbassred

I have multi effects rack units but to be honest the Zoom B3 is about as portable a solution as I could imagine for chorus, octave and compression. Anything requiring processor power and I might as well use Guitar Kontrol Rig. The multi effectvs units have a switchable effects loop though which still means they're useful for combining multiple inputs.

If that's all you need and your happy to "stomp" I would go separate petals. That way you can refine your sound as much as you like without changing everything. The only reason I can think of to go for multi-effects is if you want to save all your settings or make multiple changes during a performance.

In all honesty I'd recommend a zoom b9.1ut. Its a bit heavy, but you could have your setup in one patch and you could use it as seperate stomp boxes. The synth is perhaps the only thing that will let it down. Depending on how you will use it, it may work; I use mine as long sweeps so therefore tracking is never a problem.

On the other hand a B3 to cover tha majority of sounds (can be used as 3 seperate stomp boxes), then a wah, an expression pedal (via the b3 for volume) and a dedicated synth (perhaps a digitech bass synth wah) and you'd have a great setup!

It'd also mean you'd have an octaver on tap (for example) if needed. The b9 (and b3) sounds are perfectly giggable and the units are solid.

Edited by lefrash