Why become a member? ×

New bass... £1400.00... best out there??

bubinga5

If you think about a Custom Bass, I once again recommend the Maruszczyk Basses. You´ll find them on [url="http://www.public-peace.de/"]Public Peace[/url]

Feel free to Contact Adrian, he has Open Ears to your Needs anytime. You´ll find Basses with the Classic Shape like J+P or something more modern if you like. For Example like this...

Edited by AREA

From what I remember reading of your posts in the past, I think you like jazzes, yes?

Well I'd be looking at a Sadowsky (import it direct from the factory & just pay the import duty & VAT) as they seem to be the best of the jazz bunch out there at the moment, unless you're going to shell out £2k+ on a GB Spitfire!

Otherwise, I'd go Status-Graphite, as has been mentioned by a couple of people on this thread already. Apart from my TRB-6, I have no idea why I spend money on other basses.. Once you've had a Status, there's no looking back.

You could always drive yourself up the wall looking for an old clapped out Fender, that will hold its/go up in value,
though £1400 won't get you a vintage one.
Or, you could, as Peter has said, contact Mr Alan Cringean and discuss your dream bass but a word of warning, be absolutely certain about what you ask for is right for you.
How long is the wait for an ACG now?

Edited by steve-soar

DINGWALL!!!
that low B will make you cry it is so good, makes every other bass feel like a toy.
Fanned frets are so easy to get used to, it just feels natural, honestly you dont notice. All you think is "damn the tension and tone of these strings rock!"
If you ever get to bonny Scotland you can try my Afterburner (open offer to anyone wanting to sample fanned frets)

Edited by d-basser