Why become a member? ×

Anyone played The Clock Barn in Whitchurch?

mrtcat

I play a lot of venues these days that have limiters fitted. Although they stop us from working at the volume levels we prefer, it is possible to play within the limits and still pull off a great gig. And not trip the system. Personally I hate them, but if you're in a venue that has one, you can't change that. It helps if the band members can stay at the levels that worked in sound check. Last summer I did a gig with a 75dB limiter. The band played their asses off, we just did it quietly. And the place was jumping. It can be done.

Yes played there a few times and got more next year. As long as you're sensible with the volume and nice to Helen (the owner) they'll be fine.

They have a handheld dB monitor as opposed to a power-cutting limiter, the bar is way away from the (tiny, really tiny) stage area and they tend to concern themselves with the bar end.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks so much for the info guys. It's very reassuring. We are all sensible and will really try to do the right thing vol wise. We play weddings regularly and don't get complaints about being too loud. I'm all about our sound system and the guys are used to turning down so I can control sound levels. It's the Whitchurch near Winchester in Hampshire btw.
Thanks again for the words of wisdom.