Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Microtubes B7K USA - SOLD
£286

Kev

This is a bit of a feeler as I am not 100%, but reckon with my incoming Cog providing all my dirt needs, my B7K needs to be moved on.

I wont tell you in length what it is, or how good it is, as I think the internet says enough. It is a fantastic pedal and the [i]onIy[/i] reason I am considering moving it on is that I cannot justify more than one high end dirt pedal.

Mint condition, proper Velcro on the bottom and comes with original magnetic box and it's feet.

[s]£286[/s] £280 shipped by Special Delivery in the UK. Interested in trades, colour me interested in pedals (not dirt or fuzz) or passive Fender type basses.

[url="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/KevMan69/media/Snapbucket/ACA5F97A_zps6dc324f2.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Kev

I Know! Basically, the Cog I have incoming should deal with any overdrive and fuzz needs and I just don't think I can justify a separate drive pedal as well so I think it has to go.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1380904003' post='2232292']
My opinion? Unless you need the cash, wait until the COG arrives.....they might work wonderfully together :)

Si
[/quote]

I think they probably will, which is almost my concern as I just can't justify having so much money in two pedals for effectively one type of sound...it's difficult

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1381148135' post='2234907']
I fancy shifting my B3K to get one of these...
[/quote]

I would recommend it. To be honest, I can;t imagine having the sound now without the 4 band eq. For me the Low Mids [i]need[/i] to be boosted to cut through properly! But it's a good bit more expensive so there you go.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1381151670' post='2234975']

I would recommend it. To be honest, I can;t imagine having the sound now without the 4 band eq. For me the Low Mids [i]need[/i] to be boosted to cut through properly! But it's a good bit more expensive so there you go.
[/quote]

Kinda what I thought it would be, combined with a handy DI out! :)

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1381172486' post='2235413']
Kinda what I thought it would be, combined with a handy DI out! :)
[/quote]

It's funny, as when I had the B3K I was adamant that the B7K was overkill as I would never use the DI or parallel out and I can EQ with my amp. But how wrong I was :)

The difference between the two is something almost subtle; you can dial in a usable tone with the B3K easier than the B7K but with some tweaking the B7K produces a broader range of tones that sit in a live mix better.

Not to disparage the B3K but I had an extra inch or two on my board so I figured why not? :) They're both excellent drive pedals.