Why become a member? ×

ampeg 410hlf or......

stjohn

I need to get a 4ohm 4x10 for my svt2pro. The obvious candidate is the ampeg 410hlf, however, I want the USA built one (so second hand). To the esteemed masses I ask..... Any alternatives that are within my 300quid price bracket?! criteria is need to be of a similar build quality to the ampeg (rugged) and around 400 watt. And 4ohm! I will pay a tad more for an ampeg in good nik, but defiantly am open to alternatives. Cheers!

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1380382334' post='2224564']
Welcome to the forum. If weight isn`t an issue, a Peavey TVX 410 would be in budget of you can find one. Peavey make gear that is virtually indestructible and the added bonus is that these cabs sound great. But they are big/awkward/heavy.
[/quote]

A big +1 on the Peavey 4x 10 cab recommendation . They are built to last , sound fantastic and go plenty loud . I used to use one with a Trace Elliot amp and it was a great combination .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1380393883' post='2224765']
From what I've seen of recent Ampeg build quality, it's been a bit Gibson. Random.
What about one of the Barefaced cabs that's in the For Sale section? Not sure if any are 4Ω though.
[/quote]
Mate, I know what you're talking about. The USA stuff (what, 90's to early 00's) was the real ampeg, but now they are flogging Chinese built stuff FOR THE SAME PRICE! Now, nothing against China, that make some good kit but I don't expect to be paying USA prices for it. The cab I want would be a used USA one.
Liking the look of the peavey stuff. Got me eye on a few cheepys to entertain me till I am loaded (yeah right!)
Never heard of barefaced stuff so will have to have a ganders. Volume ain't really an issue enough on stage to hear it the rest'll be through a desk/front of house.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1380398059' post='2224834']
The 410HLF is the best cab I've ever owned, wish I still had it :(
[/quote]
Never owned one (had the 8x10-amazing but BIG!) But played through them loads. Do all the right things with no fuss and nonsense.

I had the Chinese 8x10, the plastic wheel cracked within a month of owning it (yank ones are rubber I believe). Bloody great cab though just a bit big for what I do now. Also didn't have the horn dial thingymablobsy, but that wasn't a major as live it makes f all difference anyway!