Why become a member? ×

hello bassers!

stjohn

Hi chaps and chapesses! I've been a bassest for 18 years now, played all over the county with a few acts and currently play in 'the will Killeen band'(swampy bluesy stuff) and 'the broome cupboard blues band' (pretty trad type stuff). Used to play in a band called the dandelion killers which split up 18 months ago. I'd consider myself an old fashioned bassest-can't stand slap and hate widdley bass playing.
Kit consists of fender jazz (heavily modded with badass bridge, and p bass pick up and some extra chrome to stop people playing slap on it!) And an old Ibanez blazer. Amps are Ampeg svt2pro (last of the USA ones-totaly rebuilt by the amp Tec at rockfield studio in Monmouth and now usable) and trace Elliot quatravalve. Effects I have been known to use include a fuzzface (the posh one?), boss bass synth thing, Jimi Hendrix Octavia by Dunlop (armageddon in a box!) And all sorts of other stuff. Cabs were a ampeg 8x10 that I got rid of-amazing cab but TOO BLOODY BIG! Now on the look out for a 410hlf.
Looking forward to chipping in towards duscussions. I worked in a guitar shop for 3 years and although not a 'gear head' love basses abd guitars. I hope I can contribute with some practical info I have picked up over the years as well as learn a load of you chaps.