Why become a member? ×

Basschat - Government health warning

Guest MoJo

Guest bassman7755

The other way of looking at it is that people who play "proper" instruments, you know - the sort that you see in orchestras and brass bands, routinely pay £thousands for instruments and wouldn't dream of performing in public with some few-hundred-quid-piece-of-junk that people who play "pop" instruments think is the norm.

Oh and to the OP - my first guitar amp was a custom sound and it sounded f***** sh*te although I didnt really realise just how bad it was until I tried a marshall jcm800 ...

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1380025914' post='2219672']
routinely pay £thousands for instruments and wouldn't dream of performing in public with some few-hundred-quid-piece-of-junk that people who play "pop" instruments think is the norm.
[/quote]

That is such a good way of looking at it! So reasonable and realistic! Keep them basses coming! :)
Seriously though, it [b]is[/b] a good way of looking at it. Basses are soooo cheap. In fact their pricing is one of the reasons I finally gave up on keyboards, and started with the bass instead. Bliss!

Since joining bass chat I have bought a Hartke A100 combo (which I would have needed anyway) and also a Squier P which I have done up.

I can't say that either of these came as a direct result of being a member here, but the fact that one of my favourite searches on ebay is 'bass guitar' tells a lot even though I can't afford and don't have the space to buy any more!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1380034564' post='2219883']
Is it really low powered and very heavy then? :lol:
[/quote]

You silly git!
You don't seem to understand anything!
No it's just quite average, and no other combo has exactly that quite average ratio.
Comprendo?

Glad to be of help!
;)