Why become a member? ×

Gk decisions

horrorshowbass

Thought I'd also piggy back this thread, as it seems to be where all the knowledge is at the moment!

I've been using my GK 700RBii and 210RBH for a few years and I love it, my perfect tone straight away. Happy Days :).

However through my extensive and increasing use of effects, my cab has started to migrate across the rehearsal space of it's own wobbly accord, and I've been recommended to get myself another cab to help... ease the load!

Anyway, I've been searching daily for 2/3 months for another RBH 210 cab (or anything else RBH for that matter) and apart from the fact they are so expensive new or second hand, they are also as rare as rocking horse excrement. And they weigh roughly 14 tonnes each. Roughly.

So I was wondering if you guys reckon a NEO cab would sit in the mix just as well with the RBH? I'd probably get a 212 or 115. I still want the bi-amp function as it's a massive part of my sound, (I also want them to match aesthetically, but beggars can't be choosers now).

From what I gather, the NEOs work just the same as the RBHs but at less price, less weight and they are more common...

Are the NEO cabs just what I'm looking for, or do you reckon I should stick it out and wait for another RBH? (and a chiropractor while I'm at it) :blink:

Thanks!!!

[quote name='Ticktock' timestamp='1381749718' post='2243045']
With a Y cable the amp will "see" 4ohms if using two 8 ohm cabs. Sorted. That's my plan with the MB200.
[/quote]

Honestly, don't bother. Just go from the amp to cab 1, then from cab 1 cab 2. [url="http://mesaboogie.com/news/2013/06/mesaboogie-speaker-impedance-matching-and-hook-up-part-1/"]See the bit about 'MESA Cabinet Parallel Outputs'.[/url]

[quote name='Reverend' timestamp='1381871751' post='2244927'] I used a 210 rbh with a neo115 and 700 rb for a long time and it was a great rig. But you're right, the rbh cabs weigh about as much as a house (used to have a 410rbh - crikey). [/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna hunt down a 212 or 115 neo, whichever comes first!

• 4 weeks later...