Why become a member? ×

levinson blade bass

ebenezer

i have a very nice blade bass.....two piece medium weight swamp ash body(natural).....maple neck and finger board....reverse tuners...normal fender
type cross head truss rod.....volume,volume,treble and bass plus small active passive switch.....the serial number is 77192.
i was led to believe it was made in japan in the 90s....can anybody elaborate?

thankyou.

My July 1989 issue of [i]Guitarist[/i] magazine (yes, I have every one!) contains a review of the Blade B4 bass. It is a light ash 'J' lookalike, with front-mounted passive volume, tone and pan controls, plus a coil-tap switch. In the back is a circuit-board with trim pots for a notch filter for each pickup (to take out mains hum), and a 3-band active EQ.

So - not this one then?

Doesn't sound like the B4, which had Vol, Pan, and a tone control that is, in fact, just a low pass filter. It also had a mini-toggle for swapping between boosted or cut tines chosen by the pre-amp in the rear. Doesn't sound like a B2, either! B4 serials began with the year date. Pix would be of help.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1379456787' post='2213035']
My July 1989 issue of [i]Guitarist[/i] magazine (yes, I have every one!) contains a review of the Blade B4 bass. It is a light ash 'J' lookalike, with front-mounted passive volume, tone and pan controls, plus a coil-tap switch. In the back is a circuit-board with trim pots for a notch filter for each pickup (to take out mains hum), and a 3-band active EQ.

So - not this one then?
[/quote]
I vaguely recall this also