Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Streamliner 600. £375 incl P&P UK......SOLD...!!!!
£375

dmccombe7

SOLD...... my Genz Benz Streamliner 600. NO TRADES.
GAS for a Gallien Krueger 2001RB and boss says something gotta go.

Immaculate condition 600W @ 4ohms.
Tube pre-amp with blue LED glow from front panel.
Great sounding warm tube sound with crystal clear tones across the range.
Speakon connectors.
Bass, Mid, Treble with 3 position mid-frequency selector.
Mute button, Active/passive button, Limiter LED.
GAIN, Volume and Master Volume.
Headphone socket, Line in and various other effects sockets etc.

Comes with a GB gig-bag (bag is slightly worn on one corner while being transported in another flight case as shown in photo - sods law)
Bought new from Bass Direct approx. 2 yrs ago
Gigged once, approx. 8-10 rehearsals. Never thrashed. I try to look after all my gear.

£375 - including P&P
Either bring your own bass or try one of mine with various Bergantino cabs to let you hear the great sound from this amp.

Located near Lanark approx. 35 miles South of Glasgow.

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Come on Garry. Time to wake up mate. You should know me by now. We spoke about Parcelforce last week and discussed Hartke Kilo delivery at same time you were waiting on delivery of your GB.

Just to refresh your ageing memory :lol: I use mine with 2 types of Bergantino cabs depending on gig or style of music. I have a ceramic Bergantino HT322 cab (4ohm) with 1x12, 2x10's & horn and is a bit of a heavyweight with a deep rich bottom end sound to it and more a traditional sound or I have 2off Berg Neo AE112 cabs (8ohm each) with horns which are very lightweight and have a more mid to hi end clarity with a very clear range. Both sound great with the GB 600 but produce very different sounds.
Had a listen to your soundcloud tracks and 2 quite different sounding songs. In my opinion the Neo lightweight cabs wont have the bottom end feel you'll need for your sound and might be better looking at traditional ceramic type cabs like your imaginary 8x10 cabs altho they are extremely heavy to cart around and might be better with 2off 4x10's. I did try an Ampeg 4x10HLF in a studio last year and was very impressed by the roundness of its tone. Very full bodied yet clear. I was using it with a Warwick amp at the time so not sure what the GB sounded like thru it.

Some great cabs out there. The HT322 I bought from Karlfer on BC couple yrs ago. The AE112 cabs from Mark at Bass Direct. One new the other almost new. Good deal from both Karlfer and Mark.

Hope you are getting along well with your GB now that you've had week or so to experiment.

All the best
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1379231348' post='2209965']
Tempted even if I really don't need it! :-)
[/quote]

Great little amp but I have serious GAS for a GK 2001RB and for some odd reason my wife wants me to cut down on my gear levels.
Huh some people - she has loads of ornaments in the house - I don't ask her to get rid of something when she buys a new ornament.

LOL

Dave

Hello Dave, didn't actually realise it was you selling! Ah well.

So, last night had rehearsal with my Streamliner 600. It was awesome. Was playing through a behringer 810 and had my g&l l2000 set up as close to a p bass ad I could. It was warm, round, articulate, hefty and delicate all at the right times. It seemed to sustain way better than my Ampeg too, which helped out on a couple of songs. Easily drive the cab, but you could tell the cab was still crap. Seemed to have a mid swallowing ditch right in the middle.

Was up against a loud drummer and two rocking guitars. Will tweak a little more next time....last night I was just delighted to be playing it so didn't change much other than the mid frequency selector. The 600 was good, the top was not so, for that particular genre.

Can't wait til next time.

Good to hear Garry. they are impressive amps and i'm still in 2 minds as to whether or not I should just keep it as a back up.

All the very best with it.

I tended to run mine almost flat with mid boosted on mid select frequency up to 2 o'clock. Seemed to give me that mid sound that cut the mix.
I have found that different cabs make a huge difference too. My ceramic Berg cab has a more rounded low end whereas my Neo Berg cabs have a much more defined mid sound.

Dave

I used to set mine up with the GB into my Neo cabs and a Warwick amp into my ceramic cab and that gave me the perfect overall range of tones but a little on the heavy side for me tho.
Worth experimenting if you can. My GB into my ceramic Berg cab gave me a typical classic rock sound similar to Rainbow Rising sound which was exactly what I was looking for. The Neo cabs I found were a bit more modern and suited jazz style better. Little less bottom end thud and more a lo-mid punch if that helps.
Few GK Neo cabs for sale on here worth a look.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Oooh, nice one. Someone is going to enjoy it. Was playing around with mine last night with the supposed SVT eq settings. It sounded sweet and my l2000 loved it. Might try that setting at next rehearsal. Bass 9, mid 9, treb 11 ish. Mid sel at 600.

Now also considering the focus 210 cab, shame I can't try them.