Why become a member? ×

Hi from York

Patwillis

Hi

Bumped into the forum by accident while looking to purchase an EUB. Looks like a great resource so thought I'd join.

I've got a 4 string vintage fretless which I've played for a few years.... Generally in a church band, but also jazz with some friends. I'm looking to join a jazz band who could tolerate an improver!

Pat.

Hey Pat,

Welcome!
How about church jazz? Swedish sax bloke Arne Domnérus did some very sensitive and beautiful jazz versions of christian melodies on "Evergreens fra Kanaan" / "Evergreens from Kanaan".

Enjoy!

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

Hi Pat,

Welcome from another York resident!

Nick, are you a regular at the Phoenix? I've heard mixed reviews but it's always interested me. Might pop along if it gets the basschat seal of approval :)

[quote name='2wheeler' timestamp='1378625134' post='2202423']
Hello Pat. If you want to find jazz players, come down to the [url="http://www.thephoenixinnyork.co.uk/"]Phoenix Inn[/url] on a Wednesday night for the jam session.

Hope to see you there,
Nick
[/quote]

Hello Pat,

Sorry, I was in Germany on Wednesday. I will be there this coming Wednesday.

The Phoenix has a house band for the first half and then invites people to "sit in" in the second half.
The quality of the night is a bit variable, depending on how good the house band are that night, how the audience is and who turns up to play. Some incredibly good players drop in now and again so it is quite exciting.
I really enjoy it, also as a social event since it is hard to get out now that I have children.

Nick