Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Music Man Sterling USA Black R/W £700
£700

Chiliwailer

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1379392446' post='2212051']
Very nice but a 400 mile round trip means one potential buyer out.
GLWTS
[/quote]

Cheers Pal. Unfortunately no bag or case = no shipping = no fun!

I'm really sad to this one go as it's still so useful to me, but I have a rare and expensive other bass to pay for so such is life.

See, I know all you lads in London have a tough time.
None of you appear to be in a position to go to a guitar shop and buy a £15 cheap padded gig bag.
Or scrounge a large cardboard box from Halfords. Or get some bubble wrap from the Post Office or B and Q.
I can only presume that London has none of these outlets, unlike us in the Arctic Circle (or Lancashire I believe some call it).

Seriously though Chiliwailer, it's not a pop at you, it's just it happens SO often that folk down south can not courier basses.
At least you ACKNOWLEDGED the post. :i-m_so_happy:
I do wish you good luck with your sale, but you are one of three currently that I may well have spent around £800 with, but not if I am expected to do a 400 mile round trip as well.
Bump.

Wow, is this a north/south thing?!!

I'm just trying to keep the cost down and I'm not in a hurry to sell!

If for 800 I can get you a hard case and ship it, then I'll do it with pleasure. I have UPS coming on Saturday for another bass. But not in a gig bag, I've seen it go wrong before so I won't take the chance.

Cheers!

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1379408482' post='2212203']
Wow, is this a north/south thing?!!

I'm just trying to keep the cost down and I'm not in a hurry to sell!

If for 800 I can get you a hard case and ship it, then I'll do it with pleasure. I have UPS coming on Saturday for another bass. But not in a gig bag, I've seen it go wrong before so I won't take the chance.

Cheers!
[/quote]
Nope, just a bit of light hearted banter :D It is frustrating though that so many good basses can not be couriered. Bump.

Edited by karlfer

I tried this Sterling recently on a recent trip down south. I would have seriously considered it myself if I didnt have my G&L to do the same job . It had a fast neck, excellent tone and was in super condition.
And a big bump for Chiliwailer, a hospitable knowledgeable and warm hearted guy, one of the best, from me, a committed Northerner ......now where's me whippet gone ?

Edited by loweringthetone

• 1 month later...