Why become a member? ×

Great bass lines hide in the most unusual places!

Damonjames

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1377705384' post='2190609']
Timmy C from Rage against the machine's got a whole box full of groove...
[/quote]
Good choice - I was trying to work out the intro to Calm Like A Bomb from memory last night, got so far with it before loosing where I was. The verse and chorus in that song are just simple heavy funk, groove heaven.

Too many cool suggestions on here!

If you want a nice bassline hidden somewhere truly unlikely, then this is a contender. I've admitted to liking this track before, and I stand by it :P Cheesy pop at it's very best. And a funky b-line to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU

[quote name='Ghosts Over Japan' timestamp='1377725250' post='2191087']Nice one Skol303, Never would of expected one of Britneys tracks to have such a groovy bassline! :)[/quote]

Aye! It's a funky little number and fun to play along with. Did I just admit to playing Britney songs? Oh well :D

Don't get me wrong... most of Britney's stuff is pap... but she had a great team behind her on this one and it's always been a favourite of mine.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1377701213' post='2190542']Yes, I used to say that all the bass was done on Nick Rhodes`s synth, as JT angered me by my (then) girlfriend fancying him far more than me.

Since having matured, I can honestly say that JT is a fantastic bassist who as well as playing good riffs/lines, has a fantastic fell for melody in his playing.

Still wish he was uglier though :(
[/quote]

:D

My wife is another JT fan. She's still not quite forgiven me for passing up the opportunity to buy one of his old Arias that he gave to a friend of mine who did Duran Duran's tour lighting in the 80s, though it was a few years before the Mrs & I met.