Why become a member? ×

Off to London Tomorrow..

Lew-Bass

Going to the capital for the day with my girlfriend, so naturally, I'm going to want to find a good bass store! I'll only get away with one store before she starts to moan :D so which would be the best one for me to go to?

I would ideally like to play some basses through amps (possibly with effect pedals but not too bothered) with a view to buying online afterward.

The gallery in camden has the biggest selection (check out their webpage) I live just around the corner so I've been a few times, although their buzzer system is a little intimidating and unfriendly the first time you go there... They are top blokes though and more than willing to let you try anything out (in my experience). Although maybe check they are open on a bank holiday...

My one and only visit to Wunjos on denmark street was a positive experience as well and they seem to stock all the usual suspects.

Rob

[quote name='Lew-Bass' timestamp='1377465559' post='2187930']
Going to the capital for the day with my girlfriend, so naturally, I'm going to want to find a good bass store! I'll only get away with one store before she starts to moan :D so which would be the best one for me to go to?
[/quote]
London is a big place. Whereabouts are you going?

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1377466630' post='2187950']
London is a big place. Whereabouts are you going?
[/quote][quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1377466984' post='2187953']
London is huge. Whereabouts are you going?
[/quote]
Blimey, we must be tele...tele... think alike. :lol:

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1377467167' post='2187954']
The streets are not paved with gold, just dog sh*t.
[/quote]

It's the only city where someone can drop money and no one will pick it up.

They are quite literally paved with copper looking metal coins.

I'm going to be pretty central as is the nature of a day visit, so I'm guessing covent garden ways, although I'll have access to the tube so wherever that isn't too far out really! I should probably add that I'm a lefty too, so that makes basses a little more difficult!

I went a few weeks ago and was in Wunjos, can fully attest to them being great guys, gave me some very good advice (advice that even could potentially have cost them a sale!)

Wunjos is about he only decent place near Covent Garden.

The trick on going to the Gallery is to dispatch the girlfriend off to Camden Market. Loads to see and plenty of bars, restaurants, coffee shops etc to meet up later.

It's just a few minutes walk apart so she can browse the market stalls whilst you partake of much bass goodness :)

As previously said - definitely need to check if it's open on a BH Monday though.