Why become a member? ×

EBS rig opinion 210 +115 or 212?

redbandit599

Hi all

I'm lucky enough to have a nice EBS HD350 and Neoline 210 and 115. I like it very much.

But I'm also curious about what it would be like with a 212 instead on the 115.

There seems to be a lot of love for the 212 here as a stand alone cab and this is an aspect that appeals (allowing me to split down the rig.)

The 115 is rated at 300w whereas the 212s are 600w.

Anyone tried both combinations, any input? I play mostly rock, a bit of metal.

Cheers

Jason

My TD650 into Neo 210 / Neo 212 is frigging awesome! The best backline I have ever owned. I decided to go for a 212 instead of a 115 because I don't carry a lot of bass in my tone. I like to sit within the high-mid range and the 212 covers those types of tones really well whilst remaining warm and rounded. Plus, I do get a bit more volume than I would from a 115. Now that I have been using a 212 for about a now I don't think I will ever go back to a 115 on the deck ever again. The 210 / 212 setup is so alive and responsive. I love it!

I find a bit more balance with a 210 and 115 setup than a 410 and 115 setup. The 410 quite often overpowers the 115, so you have probably already found that your 210 is easier to manage and mixes better. That said, you will be surprised how much low end the 212 can handle and how well it projects. If you would more volume than a 115 then I would certainly recommend switching over to a 212. You will be surprised how well it performs and yet maintaining a full range finish.

Here's a (not so great) photo of my rig

Edited by shizznit

Thanks for a great and speedy reply Shiznit! That confirms what I was thinking. I don't tend to add much bass to my tone, I'm a low mids guy myself!

Don't really need to be louder, but it's nice to have the volume on tap if needed.

You're right the 115 does blend nicely with the 210, but I've wondered about the 210 ever since a comment from the guys at EBS (I'd mailed them a question about something else) describing the 12 and 10 combination as the 'Classic EBS' sound. It's just not that easy to try these things out.

Hi XGlsx Re picking one cab and getting one of the same, they both sound good individually. I like the warmth of the 115 and the punch of the 210, so the 212 made me think it might have both.

I know that there is plenty of science about not mixing speakers, but to be honest I doubt I'll ever get good enough for it to make much difference. (I don't record either) I like being able to use the 210 in the small studios we sometimes end up in, but wouldn't want two of these.

Thanks again both.

I am going to use this cofig with Aguilar.
I have a DB212 which works very well,,,so far..on its own, and I also have 2xDB210's which I can run on top.
This week I will go 212+210 and I am expecting GREAT results as I like both cabs standalone.
The 210 will stay punchy and the 212 will handle low mids and grunt....

I don't need or want masses of low end extention... the 210's have easily enough lows for me.

We aren't talking about being bass light at all... just not swamping the stage with stuff you can't manage.

212+210 sounds great altho unless the impedance of the cabs is 4+8, you need to be careful how much you send to the 210's.

Mine are 8+8+8

I don't know EBS gear, but as an ex user of a 210/115 rig, I can say that replacing it with a 212 will tick all the boxes.

The next thing is to suggest you do some homework with Barefaced, Bergantino, Aguilar, Genz etc, all great sounding 212 cabs.

Another option could be to replace the 115 with another 210. I also had this set up and I'm sure that would work well with your gear.

• 2 weeks later...