Why become a member? ×

Power supply for Iron Ether pedal

Roland Rock

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1376855991' post='2180076']
i just daisy-chain mine to a Diago powerstation . i've tried it with the Johnny Shredfreak one too, no probs.

low-power draw. definitely not worth geting a separate supply for.

fear not.
[/quote]
Yep

+1

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1379410565' post='2212233']
Well, it's been seven weeks, and still no sign of my Xerograph. I chased up a couple of weeks ago, to be told 'soon' and nothing since. I've chased again today - anyone know of any issues with Iron Ether at the moment?
[/quote]
I'd like to know this too.

Been waiting on my IE order for about 6 weeks now...

Might go email Taylor.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1379411467' post='2212245']
I've never dealt with him before, so it's good to know that historically he's reliable. It's just that the initial order confirmation said 3-4 weeks, and I need it for a recording session booked in at the start of October. Fingers crossed!
[/quote]

Yeah man - i've previously ordered the oxide with one order, and the Xerograph with another.

Just painful since I'm waiting on my polytope, frantabit and nimbus to complete my board!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1379411467' post='2212245']
I've never dealt with him before, so it's good to know that historically he's reliable. It's just that the initial order confirmation said 3-4 weeks, and I need it for a recording session booked in at the start of October. Fingers crossed!
[/quote]

Also if it doesn't look like it will arrive on time - I can loan you my Xero.

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1379414356' post='2212291']

Also if it doesn't look like it will arrive on time - I can loan you my Xero.
[/quote]

Very kind of you! Thanks. In today's chaser, I've let Taylor know that that I need it for a certain date, so we'll see what his response is. Hopefully I won't need to take you up on the offer, but thanks for the backup plan! :-)

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1379414717' post='2212300']
Very kind of you! Thanks. In today's chaser, I've let Taylor know that that I need it for a certain date, so we'll see what his response is. Hopefully I won't need to take you up on the offer, but thanks for the backup plan! :-)
[/quote]

No worries :) It is just the Standard one, not deluxe though.
Just me know if you need it.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1379418539' post='2212371']
Just received an email from Taylor apologising and saying he'd send it today. Hurray. Looks like I won't be needing to take you up on your offer Woody, but thanks so much for the offer. Another example of BC community at it's best!
[/quote]

:)

Mines should be shipped this week or next. Huzzah!

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1380218274' post='2222513']
it works a treat for dub as a static filter !! (keep the resonance at bay ..)

the expression pedal is where the synth stuff comes in, just stick blended fuzz in front, and get massive swells.
[/quote]

What do you mean static filter?
Yeah, Shep warned me about keeping that self oscillation in check!

I may check out the expression pedal possibilities at some point, but at the moment, I don't have need for those sounds in my band.

More importantly, this is my 2000th post

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1380648856' post='2228473']

Kind of wish I'd taken you up on your offer now; recording is tomorrow and still no Xerograph. Grrrr
[/quote]
You recording only tomorrow? If its like the rest of the week, i can send mine tomorrow?

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1380660481' post='2228714']

You recording only tomorrow? If its like the rest of the week, i can send mine tomorrow?
[/quote]

It's tomorrow and the next day, but pretty sure the bass parts will be down tomorrow. Thanks for the offer. You never know, it could arrive tomorrow morning :-)
I have a contingency plan: I'll be miking up my barefaced '69er which has all three right hand drivers low passed. Hopefully milking these will get an approximation of the sound I'm after

Edited by Roland Rock