Why become a member? ×

NBD: Warwick Corvertte Proline 4 String, German and Fretless

Mwoit

I have been eyeing up a fretless for a while for the lolz for the past few months. Not sure why, I just think it'd be cool to play around with one.

So one night, after getting a few drinks, I message bagsieblue and managed to sort something.

Group shot! Missing the Carvin though, it now lives at the studio. (The Carvin is an XB76, another 6er!)

Schecter Loomis C-7 NT, Warwick Corvette Proline, Ibanez S540 (oddly enough, also 1992) and a Dingwall ABZ6.

This is a 1992 Nirvana Black Warwick Corvette Proline 4 string bass, with an all Wenge neck. This is the first for many things such as: fretless, Warwick, flatwounds and 4 stringer (that was decent!). It's an absolute breeze to play but staying in tune is another matter. :lol: The neck is smooth as and the Wenge feels fantastic. The body has a bit of battle scar scratches on it which contributes a bit of character to the bass; the overall dark aesthetics of this bass is a nice change from my many maple instruments.

First real post on this forum that's not a sale one. Woohoo!

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1376655324' post='2177415']
Yep - nice bass.
Sad to sell it but wasn't really being played and planning to fund other things......
Enjoy......
[/quote]

Thanks man, it was a pleasure to deal with you. I'll make sure I treat it right. B)