Why become a member? ×

Sold
£825

Jazzjames

[b]*now I will deliver via courier*[/b]

Hi all,

I've decided to move on my Fender American Vintage 62 Jazz Bass. It's a lovely instrument, but most of the time I end up playing my precision because of the type of gigs I'm doing.

Here's the info and pictures from the previous owner, plus 2 of my own.

1999 American Vintage 62 Re-Issue Jazz.[list]
[*]Stacked knobs
[*]Nitro finish
[*]Vintage jazz pickups
[*]Thumbrest fitted by previous owner
[*]2 pickguards to choose from, tortoise or black!
[*]Rear ashtray pickup cover
[*]Original Case
[*]Fitted with new Ernie Ball Super Slinkys
[/list]
Previous owner had dent on the back of the neck filled, uplus the neck trued. The receipt of work is included with the bass.

The bass has a few scratches and signs of use, but is in good overall condition.

In Bath most weeks, but bass is normally located in Greenwich.

What does it sound like?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWm17_-Sck[/media] Have a flick through as I change the pickup settings for different songs.

The recording isn't fantastic but gives you an idea. Back pickup is burply but full (60s position), a nice fat and smooth 2 pickup sound, and the front pickup sounds more round, like a precision. Check out the videos below to see what I mean.

And here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4iQ-g0OL8Q&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Not great recording or indeed playing, but it gives you an idea. I just recorded it on my phone. I start on the front pickup, then onto both pickups, then finish on the back one.

Come and try it out!

[b][s]£825.00[/s] £800.00 including shipping.[/b]

Thanks for looking. My feedback is floating around on this site, check it out.

James

Edited by Jazzjames

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

I've had some interest, but no takers so far. American Vintage is a level above American Standard for those who aren't clued up on these. It is an accurate reissue of the stacked knob jazz basses from the early 60s. To get a real one could cost upwards of £20,000 for a good one!

If you couriered you would open this bass up to the other 70% of the population ;)
Edit. Sorry, they haven't started making them again, they afre discontinued. The few that are left, whilst pricey, are actually getting sold off for LESS than they were retailing for. So, the pricey is now actually, er , cheaper than they were.
Or put another way, this is a bargain!

Edited by karlfer

Well spotted, I didn't realise they had stopped making the 62, although they still seem to be making other jazzes on the 'American Vintage' line. OK, as there haven't been any serious offers for people to come and play it, I will now offer it for shipping. [b]£825.00 including shipping[/b]. Exactly what I paid for it. I will wrap the case in bubble wrap as best I can.