Why become a member? ×

Straight Pedal Adapter vs Patch Lead?

livingbasshead

I'm putting a pedal board together and found these adaptors [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_adapter_bodeneffekte_gerade.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_adapter_bodeneffekte_gerade.htm[/url]

I'm wondering how these things would compare with a good patch cable as there's no cable to worry about in terms of signal quality? Obviously there are other issues, such as pedals being too close together etc, but does anyone use these?

Thanks

As far as I know the consensus on these is that there isn't a drop in signal quality but even when using them with pedals that have jacks perfectly in-line with each other, they can place unnecessary strain on the jacks when you step on the pedals (this is obviously far worse if the pedals are off-centre with each other).

I'd imagine they'd be fine if you're connecting pedals of the same brand together (so the input/output are all in exactly the same place) and the pedals are solidly mounted to a pedalboard, otherwise when you stomp on them I expect there's a risk of that thing breaking.

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1376303095' post='2171797']
I'd imagine they'd be fine if you're connecting pedals of the same brand together (so the input/output are all in exactly the same place) and the pedals are solidly mounted to a pedalboard, otherwise when you stomp on them I expect there's a risk of that thing breaking.
[/quote]

This is how I use them on my board, any pedals from differing brands are connected via 'george l' stuff