Why become a member? ×

A couple of new bits!

MythSte

Well! Naturally, ive got some new stuff.

Ive had to spend a bit of time matching the Markbass and the Schroeder but i think we're just about there now. The bacchus is just an all round brilliant bass. made even better by the J retro.

so, here we are!

My super loud, super easy, one trip gig rig!

Yes sorry, it was a matter of balancing the EQ on the Markbass to suit the schroeder - which was actually a lot more difficult than the 6 knobs on the front might suggest!

It felt like the markbass was really exagerating the natural low mid hump of the schroeder, to the point where even at medium bedroom volumes a certain few notes would be horribly boomy.

[quote name='ste_m3' post='217035' date='Jun 11 2008, 04:59 PM']Thankyou!

I must say, the picture does take 10lbs off the schroeder, its not quite as small as it looks! A good balance of size and volume for sure. Id like to see a 4x10 that can match it.[/quote]The shoulders tense and the eyebrows twitch of all 4x10" and 3x10" owners on Basschat. :)

[quote name='ste_m3' post='216970' date='Jun 11 2008, 03:41 PM']Yes sorry, it was a matter of balancing the EQ on the Markbass to suit the schroeder - which was actually a lot more difficult than the 6 knobs on the front might suggest!

It felt like the markbass was really exagerating the natural low mid hump of the schroeder, to the point where even at medium bedroom volumes a certain few notes would be horribly boomy.[/quote]

Think I'm going to experience this if I go with a LM250/LM2 and that's pairing with a MB cab. How did you tame the boom?

I dont think you'll struggle too much with the MarkBass cabs - as far as im aware theyre quite flat cabs and the LM2 is just a very flat head. I think my issue was that the GK i had before was low mid scooped, against the hump in the schroeder so i had a nice flat sound. The LM2 just delivers so much power to the lows i really had to cut back on the EQ, but then felt like i lost a substantial amount of growl. With further tweaking i found that by boosting the high mids a little and cutting back on the volume it really started to take shape!

Im still thinking about adding a good compressor to it to tame those lows or maybe an MXR DI+ as ive found the eq on that very musically helpful before.

ha ha, i am indeed.

the 10" sub blew a few years ago, so i've been using it as a sub in the van and replaced the blown 10" with a cheapo car audio 12". but last week i got a replacement off eubassix and fitted it on the weekend and oooh lordy does it sound huge! always arrive at work with a big grin on my face :)

i need to get a few bits of hardware of Mr.S though before it's in a good enough state to gig again.

Cheers S,
I'm threading in the amp section regarding experience with a LM250 and a 151HR compared to my TE 1x15. It's quite boomy in comparison to the Trace. Also quite surprised at how much punch the LM250 gave - felt sure I would need the LM2 with this cab - now not so sure I need the extra W's.

I think there's a thread on the MB LM2 on here somewhere that suggests the LM2 has a built in compressor/limiter in circuit at all times?

Ah well you see! My ladyfriend is now driving and is more than happy to cart me round where needed, ive perfected the art of "getting stuck in traffic" and turning up [i]just[/i] after the drum kits gone in. And i dont feel at all guilty because no, i dont need any help getting my gear in, thanks! :)

Still struggling to get to grips with how loud this rig is!