Why become a member? ×

SOLD DHA VT1 Bass Drive (UK-made valve overdrive pedal)
£60

Ben Jamin

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Reluctant sale as I need to raise funds for a festival (boring things like amp covers/cases etc) and whilst this pedal sounds amazing the band I bought it for has ceased to exist, so it's been unloved for a few months now - really it should go to someone who'll make better use of it! Hand-made by David Hall Amps in the UK - here's what they have to say (from their website):[/size][/font]

[i]"The VT1-Bass-Drive uses a single 12AX7 (ECC83) valve to generate classic pure valve tones.[/i]

[i]The VT1-Bass-Drive is a low to medium gain effect and is intended to be used in front of a valve amplifier, but will also work well with solid state amps. The foot switch provides a true by-pass and the blue LED back-light indicates if the effect is on or off.[/i]

[i]There is an extra i/p pad pot on the back of the pedal on the bass version which is useful when dealing with active and passive bass signal levels. The controls are very simple, i/p pad (bass only), Level, Gain, Colour level, 3 position Colour select switch and a bright switch.[/i]

[i]Level sets the output level of the effect to your amplifier, there is a fair amount of gain generated by the valve and op-amp and this will overdrive the input of your amplifier.[/i]
[i]Gain sets the level into the second stage of the valve and hence the level of gain. Use your volume control or on your guitar and/or the i/p pad on the bass version to control the gain on the first stage of the valve, you will find that the VT1-Bass-Drive responses very well to this and you can control the break-up distortion like this.[/i]

[i]The 3 position Colour select switch is used to select Colour 1, 2 or non which is the centre position. When Colour 1 or 2 is selected negative feedback is introduced into the circuit the level of which is adjusted with the Colour pot. The Colour effect is best heard at high gain which is an increase in distortion and compression."[/i]

Comes with the 12V power supply and is in great condition other than the knob for the i/p pad on the back which has fallen off and got itself lost - doesn't affect the pedal's function at all but I will include a replacement.
These retail for £119 - I'll do[b] £60 posted[/b]? :)

Cheers!
Ben Edited by Ben Jamin

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1377041966' post='2182725']
You know Ben, if you swap the ECC83 for an ECC82 it's an amazing valve preamp...
[/quote]

I second this! Put a mullard 82 in my EQ one and it kills as a tone shaper!

Go on Ben keep it! Your cabs were born to get scratched by roddies!! ;)

• 1 month later...