Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Warmoth Fretless Jazz 4 String Bass - WITHDRAWN

nickcarey

[color="#FF0000"][size=5][center]Warmoth Fretless Jazz 4 String Bass[/size][/color]

[color="#FF0000"][size=4]Custom 2008 Bass with Ebony Fingerboard[/center][/size][/color]

[size=3][b][center]Warmoth Fretless Jazz Bass[/b]

[b]Total Cost New:
Just over £900.00 [/b]
(Receipts included)[/size]

[size=3]You are looking at a vintage style custom fretless bass, in a beautiful Brown Burst finish.
The bass was made to order by Ged Green; a luthier based in Manchester.

The pickups fitted are Kent Armstrong Vintage Single Coils for greater output and low noise. They are wired to hum buck each other when both are turned up. The mid range growl in these pickups is immense.

Different bridges were tried with this bass by the luthier. Heavy & Normal duty Gotoh bridges were tried. We found that they made the bass produce too much ‘mwah’. We agreed the plain traditional Fender style bridge sounded best with the high density neck and body on this bass. However I am including a Traditional style Gotoh OEM bridge in the sale (see pics). This is thicker than the fitted bridge and produces more 'mwah'. I guess it's down to preference. Atleast this way you will have a choice.

The quality of the neck and body on this bass is absolutely amazing. Graphite Neck Reinforcements are included. They match the quality of top of the range custom shop Fenders. The Alder body is a solid, single piece with great sustain. Equally the neck has great sustain and is fitted with graphite truss rods. The Ebony fingerboard sounds great with round wound strings.

The neck was initially neck heavy with Schaller BM Clover Tuning Posts fitted. We changed these to HipShot UltraLite tuners and the neck now balances perfectly. The holes that were created, by fitting the Schallers, were carefully filled by a French Polisher.

The neck comes with a thick Ebony fingerboard for longevity.
With this being a great neck the action on this bass is exceptionally low and comfortable without string buzzing

The sound the fingerboard generates is bright and smooth, very much like Jaco’s sound.

The neck is ‘deeper’ than Fender necks. This gives the Warmoth neck the width of a Jazz neck but the depth of a Precision neck. It feels unusual at first but you soon adjust to it. Some players prefer this ‘best of both worlds feel’.

[b]The condition of this bass as new from the luthier
No nicks, no dings, no dents, no scratches,[/b]

It looks great, it sounds greats, it plays great, and it feels great. It is everything you could ever possibly want or expect in a Fretless Ebony Jazz.
The round wound strings fitted have made an impression on the Ebony fingerboard, but there is no adverse wear.

[u]Supplied with:[/u]

Kent Armstong Pickups (inc. packaging)

Receipts

You are welcome to try the instrument first

I am a bass tutor and am very careful with my gear, so everything described here is 100% accurate.
Feel free to get in touch for some feedback from one of my students featured on Bass Chat

[color="#FF0000"]*FREE COURIER DELIVERY*[/color][b][/b]

If you would like some more photos emailed to you I will gladly do so.
Further enquiries call/text 07931 315954 or email me.

I will accept Personal Cheque, Postal Order, Bankers Draft or Cash on Collection.
As standard, if paying by any other method than cash on collection, all funds must be cleared before collection.
Thanks for looking!
Nick :) [/center][/size]

Edited by nickcarey

[quote name='Higgie' post='217011' date='Jun 11 2008, 04:38 PM']If by any chance you end up splitting the bass and selling it in pieces, I would love to have the neck off you :)

Cheers.[/quote]

Thanks for your interest. I will see how it goes.

To be honest I would rather sell the bass complete. Besides it would be a shame to loose Ged's hard work getting it put together just right, and the lovely setup he achieved.

Cheers
Nick

Oh I agree most definitely, and with the way this thing looks you should have no trouble selling what so ever. Just wanted to assure you that if you couldn't sell it whole, you'd have a buyer for the neck :)

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Higgie' post='217456' date='Jun 12 2008, 10:21 AM']Oh I agree most definitely, and with the way this thing looks you should have no trouble selling what so ever. Just wanted to assure you that if you couldn't sell it whole, you'd have a buyer for the neck :)

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Thanks very much for your support
Nick
:huh:

[quote name='ste_m3' post='217938' date='Jun 12 2008, 09:14 PM']What are you replacing these two with nick?[/quote]

Hi Steve, because I'm going to be doing teaching in schools I wanted to downgrade to two Mex Standard Jazz basses so I'm not paranoid about dings & dents etc. To be honest the upgraded mEX series are bloody good value for money and I would gladly gig with them locally. N ;-)

Here is a [u]very[/u] quick demo track of some of the sounds this bass can create I put together in between lessons.

It's nowt special, just a few noodles to give you an idea of what it sounds like.

The bass was plugged straight into my multi track recorder, with out FX, apart from a hint of reverb.

The first lick is with the Neck pickup turned up
Second with both on full
Third onwards with neck pickup on about 70% bridge on full.

Any Qs. feel free to ask

Cheers

Nick :)

Edited by nickcarey

• 2 weeks later...