Why become a member? ×

Tarkin fuzz demo - look and listen !

hamfist

For all you ladies and gentlemen, a demo video of my new COG Effects Tarkin Fuzz. It is a custom one, with added blend and mids knobs, although I believe Tom may be going to start producing this as a base model in the near future.
OK, here's the vid. Fingerstyle to start. Goes onto a pick later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am3BZHSFwp4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUsH6JDP7wk_TgiMITLvmPQA

I really like it. The mids control is a gem for finding the right tone for cutting through and Tom's design keeps the note's attack beautifully. I find some fuzzes really flub out the note's attack, which I don't like.
I think the blend knob will be very useful in getting some slightly less high gain tones, although I have to experiment with that too much.

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1374219537' post='2146486']
Had to turn up the volume to max to hear it though - then 10 minutes later played some metal and got blasted in the face. Think my tweeters/ears are still ok! :facepalm:
[/quote]
Sorry, I forgot to normalise the audio ! doh !

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1374171417' post='2146130']
For all you ladies and gentlemen, a demo video of my new COG Effects Tarkin Fuzz. It is a custom one, with added blend and mids knobs, although I believe Tom may be going to start producing this as a base model in the near future.
[/quote]

Correct! Too many people asking for pretty much an identical setup so things are afoot... :)

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1374240879' post='2146794']
This sounds lovely!
[/quote]

Cheers! :) I think Hamfist has covered what it's designed to do in his video very well!!

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1374240879' post='2146794']
Can't wait to get my hands on our cheeky little dirt box creation Tom ;)...
[/quote]

Etching the next batch of enclosures on Monday and Tuesday, so coming along very nicely!