Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot / Status T-bass 5 string

sshorepunk

[quote name='BassManKev' post='283687' date='Sep 14 2008, 02:48 PM']reckon rob would sell a graphite neck for it if he was asked??? if so, that would make it interesting[/quote]

I reckon he would, chuck in a reasonable priced refin' if you wanted it as new and you'll probably come in just over 1/2 the price of a new T' :)

T

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='288676' date='Sep 21 2008, 05:40 PM']One of these in the Bass Gallery for £950![/quote]

Which just confirms my general impression that The Bass Gallery is usually overpriced.

The last one I noticed selling on eBay laid claim to being a limited edition Candy Apple Red - although I don't remember that colour being any more limited than any of the others available. (I thought it was the Trace Elliot Signature Green - with tortoise shell guard - version that was the limited edition.) Admittedly a 4-string, it sold for £600 (including candy) - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Limited-Edition-Trace-Elliot-T-Bass_W0QQitemZ300257155787QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Limited-Edition-Trac...7QQcmdZViewItem[/url] . There was one in Glasgow last year - also 4-string - which had a sticker price of £395 (no candy). Viewed objectively, £575 sounds like a fair price.

Edited by noelk27

• 2 weeks later...

I would ship if you paid shipping but I guess it would be a lot of $$, it's expensive to europe from what I recall so HK is gonna be off the scale!

I'm in Istanbul at the noment so ain't got a lot of time to look prices, will check it out when I get back, unless someone can give a rough weight estimate?

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='305798' date='Oct 13 2008, 09:18 PM']I would ship if you paid shipping but I guess it would be a lot of $$, it's expensive to europe from what I recall so HK is gonna be off the scale!

I'm in Istanbul at the noment so ain't got a lot of time to look prices, will check it out when I get back, unless someone can give a rough weight estimate?

Tony[/quote]

I've just packed a Warwick Dolphin in a hardcase with double cardboard packing and the total was 13kg so I can't imagine it being far off that!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='304317' date='Oct 11 2008, 09:49 AM']I can't believe this hasn't sold yet! Played one 3 years ago that Gwilym owned and it was a lovely bass!

BUMP and good luck with it...[/quote]

indeed it was, and this is the "deluxe" version too. I only sold mine because it was 4 stringer. This will be an awesome bass for someone, at a very resonable price. Alas, I don't think I can justify a purchase at the moment.

Christmas is coming, what are you all waiting for? :)

• 3 weeks later...