Why become a member? ×

TC BH500

Left Foot

Hi guys, I noticed a banner up top mentioning a deal with these. Any one used one at all, the demo's look really solid. I have an old set up that runs 4 tens from a combi and Im really wanting to fix them up and move them on.

Im going to go find a shop with one in, a TC BH500 and their BC212, but what's your collective feelings about TC electronics heads and speakers.

I've just picked up a used one. A head with a 2 x 12 and a 2 x 10 (would have probably gone for a couple of 2 x 12's if i was buying new).

Overall I'm very happy. Quite a plain sounding amp (for want of a better word), its not really overpowering or underwhelming in any frequencies. The Sepctracomp is really good and the tube drive is handy for adding a bit of warmth/grit. With one cab it does practice and small clubs and with both cabs it's fitted the bill for bigger gigs without too much PA support. I actually put a Behringer BDI21 through it and it did a passable Ampeg impression.

I do not like the looks too much, would prefer something a bit more vintage looking, but its a good amp for the money.

I had a used one with 210 and 212 too, plenty loud and the 212 had a lot of bottom to it. The cabs are actually pretty light too. I did try it through a BC410 as well and that was very nice.

In the end I didn't hang on to it for long as I didn't really 'fall for it' (it was my first new amp in 20 years, my old Ampeg combo is a tough act to follow) and I made the 'mistake' of trying some EBS gear, which I really liked and then sourced second hand (for about twice the cost of the TC unfortunately.)

Overall, it was a good solid rig that pumped out plenty of volume and was a lot of stack for the money (and if you're a luddite like me) it also looks like a bass amp, rather than a clock radio :rolleyes:.

Still got one and 2x2x12 cabs,used it for depping,a fantastic little amp,no weight at all,same for the cabs,would recomend strongly,amp sounds very strong and very loud,only not gigging it now,using 2x4x12 and Hartke 3500,not for the tone,( what ever I use sounds like me ) just for the visuals,the two cabs my side equal up the Marshalls..The BH sorry is not 70s rock..

I use the head with a barefaced compact - even though the cabs 8ohm, it can be stupidly loud! Used it at 2000 capacity venues and never had it past 7!

The only thing I feel its missing is a better tuner and a pedalboard to switch between presets. That being said, I gt the head second hand at 250 quid and I feel the head is better than my eden wt800, which retails at over a grand!