Why become a member? ×

*****SOLD*****Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub
£595

petergales

Somewhat regretfully, I’ve decided to sell my Lakland Skyline 44-64 Bob Glaub signature ’64 P Bass as I simply cannot get used to the 1.75” nut width. I’m really a jazz bass player and that extra width I find uncomfortable. It’s a shame because it’s a great sounding bass and the upgrades that I had installed by a professional luthier really make a huge difference. These are Lindy Frailin pick ups, a tortoiseshell pickguard and D’addario Chromes flat wound strings or ProSteels as preferred. Comes with a Hiscox hard case or Lakland gigbag, as required.
It’s a 2008 model, made in Korea, in Sunburst with a rosewood finger board. I’ve had it from new so it’s been well looked after. It is in mint condition as it has never been gigged and had only infrequent use at home.
Rest assured these basses are right up there with the best in terms of build, tone and playability.
Price is £595 collected from Leeds or meet up within a reasonable distance for the cost of the petrol.

Edited by petergales

I have the same bass, only with its original pick guard, with the Lindy fralin pickups too. It's amazing. I can't fault mine at all. For me the neck makes it, maybe you'd be better off with a Duck Dunn?

This was nearly mine a few weeks ago. Still looks stunning in the photos. I think the Duck Dunn suggestion is worth looking into Peter, I'm loving mine since I bought it last month, I find the jazz neck works better for me also.

So...you don't a 55-02 deluxe, do you??! :lol:

Edited by lou24d53

Have a bump on me i have one of these but with a maple board for me simply the best P basses on the market, don't let the skyline tag fool you these are more than comparable in every way with a Fender US P in every way,

Wish i could justify having 2, whoever buys this is getting a bargain especially with the fralins !!!!!

Cheers steve

Hi Steve. Thanks for that. You're absolutely right. I have a 2013 USA Fender P bass and the BG is more than a match for it. It's just that wider nut width that stops me from keeping it. Otherwise there's no way it would be up for sale. Cheers, Pete

Update: first gig with Peters lovely bass last night.
A proper, old school P Bass tone that brought compliments from the band. I can highly recommend this Bass, not as a Fender alternative, its way beyond that, but as a fantastic instrument in its own right.
Special thanks goes to Peter, who went out of his way to make the transaction as smooth and enjoyable as possible. A top man, thanks Pete!.

Edited by mart3442