Why become a member? ×

ProTools Problems - Help Needed!

TheMissWolfiee

Hi there I'm wondering if any of you Pro Tools users could lend me a hand.

I'm fairly new to recording, and mainly use it at College/University so the majority of problems are fixed through the IT Techs / Staff. I purchased Pro Tools 10 Students Edition in November and up until last month it was working fine. I've only just needed to use it again recently however whenever I attempt to [u]load it up the program always seems to crash without errors[/u].

Though a few times I have received this pop-up:

[b]Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x00000010. [/b]

I've tried getting help from Avid Support however it costs something stupid like £30-£40 for any help from them, which isn't really something I can afford especially if its possibly just a simple fix. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, I've tried re-installing about 10 times now both on my main C drive (SSD) and D drive (1TB Hard Drive) though neither seems to do anything. Someone advised me on changing the USB Port of the ILok though this didnt help either.

Anyways! Awaiting all your wise advise and words while I curse the words 'Pro Tools' :(

Thanks,
Bev

Another long shot: are you running PT with admin privileges? I know I have to for my setup, although I can't remember the specific reason why.

Other than that, the Avid Pro Audio Community is usually a good place to ask for help:

[url="http://duc.avid.com/"]http://duc.avid.com/[/url]

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1372068266' post='2121118']
Long shot.
What Audio Interface are you using ?
Sometimes if the Audio settings have changed, this error can come up.
Try hitting 'N' on start up of ProTools, and check your Audio settings.

Garry
[/quote]

This but install "asio4all" first :)

If that doesn't work, make sure you get rid.reinstall of the audio interface drivers too :)

Have you "upgraded" to the latest version of iLok licence manager?

There are still massive problems with this not validating your software licences. IIRC there is a walk through of steps you need to take on the iLok site which fixes most licences for some people (but you need to follow the instructions to the letter). For everyone else the advice is to roll back your whole system to the your last backup before the iLok update and leave it like that until all the issues have been resolved.

Edited by BigRedX